Yesterday we put forth a poll asking the blog community to take an educated guess at when, if ever, Google+ will hit the milestone number of 100 million users. Just a few days ago CEO Larry Page announced that they had over 10 million users and were growing rapidly. Some estimates predicted that by this weekend there would be double that, 20 million Users, on the new social network.
After giving our readers, and the blog community 24 hours to submit their guess’s we came up with the following results:
– 9.52% of responses guessed that Google+ will reach 100 million users between now and the end of July
– 19.05% of responses guessed that Google+ will have 100 million users in the month of August
– 26.19% of responses guessed that Google+ will have 100 million users in the month of September
– 38.10% of responses guessed that Google+ will have 100 million users between September 30th and December 31st, 2011
– 7.14% of responses guessed that Google+ will never have 100 million users
Although our poll was slightly flawed in that we didn’t offer an option for the social network reaching 100 million Users sometime after 2011, the overwhelming winning answer was that Google+ will have reached the 100 million user milestone sometime between the end of September and December 31st. In my opinion, this is likely a solid guess, however we will have to wait and see what the next member total announcement tells us. I think it is entirely possible to see 100 million or more users some time prior to the end of the Summer. Time will only tell.